ads

07 January 2016

The Dilemma of a Young Girl

Domestic Violence Diary-2(click) 
Happy new year to you all.Please I have this issue that is eating me up,it's a bit long and I need serious  advice. I'm at crossroads and I don't know where to turn. I'm 25 and my boyfriend is in his mid thirties.we've been together for almost three years now. 


Firstly I want to highlight my man's good sides-  he's very open with me(as in I know how much he's worth till the last kobo,although he's still a hustler and doesnt have much but he hides nothing from me), he's faithful(I can pick his calls , check his messages,his phone doesn't have a password around me and I know men like dat are very hard to come by), thirdly his mum is very nice and she doesn't seem like the type that will give me any issues in future..

My man seems to really love me because he wants us to be together all the time, it's even me that sometimes get tired of his company and crave some fresh air.He is not a very romantic and thotful person though but he is okay..

Now to my issues with him- As our relationship progressed, I discovered he has a short temper. As in sometimes when he gets angry, he will just become so unreasonable and it usually takes a third party to come settle issues between us. Although he has never laid hands on me, he has broken and slammed things and objects in anger when we get into heated arguments.He usually blames that on me, that I know he has a bit of a temper and I should always keep quiet when I see he's getting upset  but I challenge him always.  


Secondly the issue of finances, he's not a graduate( he left school way back,half way to hustle and fend for himself) and he hasn't returned to school since then. I am a graduate and I had to lie to my mum that he's a graduate as well because I know that my mum might  disapprove. I planned that I will encourage him to go back to school with time but I have realized that might not be visible because he's almost thirty five and plans to make money is all he keeps talking about. Lastly, we have other little incompatibilities that drives me crazy at times e.g he's a big talker, he likes to talk and be the center of attention anywhere we go..you know all this kind of people that will enter one place and everybody will know he is around. Sometimes I just want my man to be reserved and mysterious but with him, no way! 

We are basically from different backgrounds and that side of our relationship shows sometimes, he's also quite controlling but I thot it's because of the age difference,infact my social life has changed since I've been with him (i dont see or hang out with my friends as much as I used to)..He's talking marriage now and he talks about all the great plans he has and how his family can never suffer but right now, he doesn't have a steady source of income although he does some small side bizness here and dere that brings money and sometimes he will be broke and I will understand...But it's not constant, it's more random..I know in life, money can just come at anytime, like he can hammer at anytime 
( that's his mentality anyways but not me, am still worried).


Am really confused because I love him, we have amazing physical chemistry that I've not really had with anyone else and the fact that he's not a cheat but I don't know what and what is most important when it comes to marriage.He is this "happy go lucky", don't stress about tomorrow,tomorrow will take care of itself type of person but me, am more of a "fail to plan, plan to fail type of person. I know he's only being optimistic but hmmm, I just don't know. His good sides and bad sides are causing serious conflict in my heart ...marriage is a life time contract and I have always had serious cold feet about marriage because my parents had a bad one( courtesy of my dad) and it didn't only affect my mum negatively, it shaped the lifes of we, the kids as well..i want better for my own kids. Although my man and I are close and I love him very much but I don't want my heart to mislead me. I don't know if this is right for me . Please what do I look out for? Can this man be a good choice ? All my sisters and brothers in the house, advice me please ..Thank you very much and God bless
Thanks for visiting.... Don't forget to always drop your comment in the post comment section...

No comments:

Post a Comment